(meteorobs) Inadequate Twinkle and Green Fireballs

drtanuki drtanuki at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 11 02:39:52 EDT 2009

Dear Jim and List,
  Thank you Jim for your comments.

  Yes, the history of the Sandia Fireball Detection Network is very interesting indeed.  Thank you to all that have worked so hard to make it work!

For the full original article written in Wikipedia:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Green_fireballs

  Excerpts of the "Inadequate Twinkle and Green Fireballs" can now be read at:
http://lunarmeteoritehunters.blogspot.com/

  I was searching for additional information about the new US military policy on NEOs and fireballs related to yesterday`s/today`s posts.

  It seems to me that open information and research will yield more information and faster/better? action.  Making spacerocks and their potential hazards "classified" will only fuel more UFO and Conspiracy Theory "idiots" in a system of general "fear" and mistrust of authorities.

  On the other hand, mass panic caused by an announcement of impending impact should be carefully considered?  If a trusted few are allowed to know of impending impact there could be personal advantage taken on their part?

 My two yen worth.

Best Regards, Dirk Ross...Tokyo