(meteorobs) (meteorobs(ot) Bolidas and fireballs now militarily classified?

drobnock drobnock at penn.com
Thu Jun 11 08:50:54 EDT 2009

Cause and effect gentleman Cause and effect.

With my coffee in one hand and the mouse in the other,  I read the post
this morning that the viewing  of and data collected about fireballs is
now classified or soon will be.

I thought about a post that I submitted  to Meteorobs 29 May 2009: "....
in the United States, there is still the teaching of science. But,  will
this teaching help distinguish between a 90 second fireball and a 3
second fireball,  and if a streak in the sky's of Texas is a volcanic
rock from a distant planet (John Carr, 1805)   or part of
wrecked satellite."

But  when I read  from the Florida news:  "Scientists say not only will
research into the threat from space be hampered, but public
understanding of sometimes dramatic sky explosions will be diminished,
perhaps leading to hype and fear of the unknown.."

The study of science has evolved to a new level of politics.

I began to think,  we need to review the training films that are
archived at netflix or movies.com to prepare for the future.

Two training films that should be shown in current science class are:
"Target Earth"  1954
The day the earth stood still" 1951

And students in public administration related to science based
activities need to review  a futurist blog:
"Earth Evacuation Grants Flowing Too Slowly, Congress Says..."  Where
the discussion is about how members of congress and major corporations
are viewing for federal contracts to get out of town before the unknown
happens.

Not being a conspiracy theorist, but soon to be converted, I believe the
Cern Large Hardon Collider has taken us back to the 1950's

George John Drobnock