(meteorobs) Radio Forward Scatter

Thomas Ashcraft ashcraft at heliotown.com
Fri Jun 12 13:59:22 EDT 2009

Ed Majden wrote:
> Hello Group:
> 	Sadly, analogue TV was terminated in the U.S.A. overnight.  Many
> used TV carrier signals to detect the ionized trails of meteors.
> Canada is scheduled to switch to digital in 2011.  Does anyone know
> of any alternative transmission stations that could be used for this
> purpose?
> Ed Majden
> Courtenay, B.C. Canada.

Hi Ed,

I think you could probably get the SNOTEL meteor burst communication
system from where you are in British Columbia at 40.530 MHz CW.

They broadcast from Boise, Idaho and Ogden, Utah and may have an Alaskan
transmission point as well.  Not sure about the Alaskan one though.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SNOTEL
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meteor_scatter

Good luck.

Thomas Ashcraft