(meteorobs) Radio Forward Scatter

Ed Majden epmajden at shaw.ca
Fri Jun 12 14:10:31 EDT 2009

Hello Thomas:
	I was using 61.26 Mhz from Benton Oregon mostly.  Jeff Brower in
Kelowna has switched to 67.24 Mhz using a Saskatchewan Station.  I
tried this but so far hear nothing.  I'm using a quad antenna with a
reflector cut for 61.26 Mhz so that may be the problem.  I may have
to build or modify this antenna for the higher frequency.  Canada
switches to digital TV in 2011 I'm told.  I haven't tried FM, have
you?  There are so many FM stations around I'm not sure which
frequency would be usable without hearing the station directly.
Michael Boschat in Halifax uses FM but he says he needed an expensive
filter to get it to work.  Fortunately he managed to get an un-used
one at the University he is employed at.
Ed