(meteorobs) Radio Forward Scatter

GeoZay at aol.com GeoZay at aol.com
Fri Jun 12 15:01:45 EDT 2009

>>Regarding 89-108 MHz FM scatter:  Most places suffer from  station
congestion with no vacant spaces to work on the FM dial.  If a  person
lives far from any urban areas then it might still be possible to do  FM
meteor scatter.  I used to do FM scatter ( in the 1990s with George
Zay's mentorship back then. Hi George. ) But the FM dial totally
saturated since then.<<

Hi Thomas...most places probably are saturated  with the FM frequencies,
but if you are living in the mountains or behind the  mountains or maybe in a
desert shielded by mountains from at least one side, you  might be able to
find a usable station or two. Where I was set up, I had a  mountain pretty
much shield one side of my antenna. From there I was able  to find at least 5
usable stations. whereas where I actually lived in the  San Diego area, I
couldn't find any usable stations.
GeoZay

**************Shop Dell’s full line of Laptops now starting at $349!
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1221881320x1201406166/aol?redir=http:%2F%2
Fad.doubleclick.net%2Fclk%3B215218036%3B37264217%3Bz)