(meteorobs) Radio Forward Scatter

Michael Boschat aa063 at chebucto.ns.ca
Fri Jun 12 16:19:13 EDT 2009

On Fri, 12 Jun 2009, Ed Majden wrote:

> Michael Boschat in Halifax uses FM but he says he needed an expensive
> filter to get it to work.  Fortunately he managed to get an un-used
> one at the University he is employed at.

  Actually I use the TV carriers mostly Ch.6 because FM is too congested
here. The filter was fom another university to eliminate as much noise
from FM stations and other stuff as possible to hear the meteors.

  I'll monitor the 86.24 MHz (Ch.6) for awhile to see what I hear.
I might pick up a few Canadian stations till we switch over in 2011.

Clear skies