(meteorobs) A piece of Cosmos Falls

Marco Langbroek marco.langbroek at wanadoo.nl
Wed Mar 11 09:59:56 EDT 2009

Ian Musgrave & Peta O'Donohue schreef:
> G'Day All
>
> A piece of the shattered satellite Cosmos 2251 is likely to re-enter
> the Earths atmosphere sometime March 12-13. Where it will re-enter is
> still unclear, but there is a (very small) possibility we can see the
> re-entry from Australia, low in the west between 10:00 pm to 12 pm. I
> have a more detailed discussion  of this possibility, and a map at
> http://astroblogger.blogspot.com/2009/03/cosmos-2251-comes-to-earth.html
> as well as links to TLE data and files.
>
> Cheers! Ian

The pieces currently decaying are very small, so I don't think it will actually
be very visible.

- Marco

-----
Dr Marco Langbroek  -  SatTrackCam Leiden, the Netherlands.
e-mail: sattrackcam at wanadoo.nl

Cospar 4353 (Leiden):   52.15412 N, 4.49081 E (WGS84), +0 m ASL
Cospar 4354 (De Wilck): 52.11685 N, 4.56016 E (WGS84), -2 m ASL
SatTrackCam: http://home.wanadoo.nl/marco.langbroek/satcam.html
Station (b)log: http://sattrackcam.blogspot.com
-----