(meteorobs) Fireball (BOLIDE) detonation. North Central Calif. S.W. & high.

stange stange34 at sbcglobal.net
Fri Mar 27 00:19:56 EDT 2009

Moments ago... as I was observing the Orion Nebula through my SN8/LXD (8")
Shmidt-Neutonian, I saw a white flash that lit up the aperature of the
scope. Upon looking up toward Orion I saw a persistant trail lasting about 2
seconds and quite long (~7 degrees.)

I summoned wife to watch telescope while checking the Sentinel camera to see
if it got it too. It did! A SLOW and nice Bolide with a double explosion and
apparent fragmentation products clearly evident however small they are. The
Fireball was heading toward the Nebula but did not quite reach it from my
location 35 miles North of Sacramento.

Will post picture & movie when I bring my stuff back inside & will alert
this forum when I do.

'Bout time something happened around here!  -YCSentinel