(meteorobs) meteorobs Digest, Vol 18, Issue 27

Igaz Antal antaligaz at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 31 11:08:40 EDT 2009

Julian,
Yes, I can confirm that it really works and great fun. We tested a similar assembly two years ago with a ~30 m linear antenne (if you call a straight wire an antenne). We did visual observation at the same time, so we not only saw the meteors but also heard them!  Of course not all of the meteors were seen and not all of them heard. You should select a place far from any electricity becuse the 50Hz will give a strong noise. I recommend the following site: www.vlf.it

Good Luck,
Antal

>Julian Portik
Eichbergstr. 4