(meteorobs) All sky cameras

Wayne Watson sierra_mtnview at sbcglobal.net
Tue May 12 14:10:38 EDT 2009

If you are looking at meteor track on computer monitor, what you may see
or don't see is important. I've found using b/w mode for the Sentinel
cameras to be the best way to view them. Sentinel also allows for
coloration. In that mode, it's quite possible to miss a dim meteor or
miss part of the trail. On the other hand, Sentinel provides a txt file
that has track pixel and brightness data. It's quite possible one
doesn't see the meteor on the screen, but it is recorded. It's not often
that I look through the txt files to try to detect a meteor. It does
open interesting possibilities.

--

                "The zero is something that must be there
                 in order to say that nothing is there."