(meteorobs) All sky cameras

Ed Majden epmajden at shaw.ca
Tue May 12 15:48:44 EDT 2009

Larry et all:
	What is your purpose for recording meteors in this magnitude range?
If your doing meteor flux studies or a program that Sirko Molau heads
you need to reach fainter magnitudes than these all-sky cameras are
capable of.  In this case you either have to use a sensitive ccd
camera with a small field of view or use an image intensifier
system.  The purpose of the Sandia System as I understand it is to
detect meteor dropping fireballs.  If there is another purpose, what
is it?
Ed Majden