(meteorobs) Musings on Sentinel objectives.

stange stange34 at sbcglobal.net
Wed May 13 01:46:52 EDT 2009

As Ed noted earlier, it is my understanding that obtaining Meteorite
specimens for analysis was the original purpose of the Sentinel program.

But since the abundance of Antarctic specimens, it appears to me that the
Sentinel program has now evolved from that primary objective, to an
objective of identifying more precisely, the orbits of present meteor
streams and even more aggressively, the detection and orbits of new
pontentially dangerous earth crossing streams of Comet origin.

The simultaneous accelerated search for Asteroids and Comets world wide in
the last 3 years is readily apparent.

IMHO of course.

YCSentinel
(Nothing will be the same....ever again. -Shaka Zulu)