(meteorobs) Musings on Sentinel objectives.

Chris Peterson clp at alumni.caltech.edu
Wed May 13 11:37:19 EDT 2009

We view a fresh recovery with multistation meteor data as the holy grail of
the network, but at the same time we recognize such things happen rarely,
and there is a lot of other useful data to be collected at the same time:
shower detection, radiant monitoring, orbit statistics, size distribution.
Also, we are very engaged in public education about meteors, meteorites, and
meteor showers.

Fortunately, none of these objectives are at odds with each other, or
require any sort of equipment compromise at all.

Chris

Chris L Peterson
Cloudbait Observatory
http://www.cloudbait.com