(meteorobs) Meteor observation on VLF

Julian Portik webmaster at julian-portik.de
Wed May 13 14:51:29 EDT 2009

Hello,

in the last weeks I did many experiments with VLF receivers.
Now I've got a little amplifier (you find the schematic in the
attachment)wich is connected to the PC.
I've also got two antennas:
A coil 1200 m of wire (0,25 mm) with ferrite rod
25 m straight wire clamped between two trees
If I record the signal during a thunderstorm I could see thunderbolts very
well in the spectrogram
(I hope this is a good way to test the receiver...)

My questions:
What is the best programm to analyze the signal, if it's Spectrum Lab what's
the best configuration?
Should I improve the amplifier (signal quality is indifferent)?
Has anybody got some tips for me?

Thank you very much!

Julian Portik

Julian Portik