(meteorobs) Optimized filters for daytime fireball video capture?

brodwcjj at integrity.com brodwcjj at integrity.com
Mon May 25 12:18:38 EDT 2009

Just brainstorming here:

Could a polarizing filter help cut back some of the day sky light
intensity while still letting the meteor light through ?

The "blue" of our sky is somewhat polarized and how much so varies
depending on the area of the sky related to the position of the sun.

Nice thing about polarizers is they are neutral gray  and don't affect
colors,  (unless specific colors are being polarized,  as is seen in
crystal microphotography with polarizing filters.)

Just a thought,
Dustin Brown

Message: 4