(meteorobs) Optimized filters for daytime fireball video capture?

Ed Majden epmajden at shaw.ca
Mon May 25 16:38:22 EDT 2009

Hi Thomas:
	There are several lines contributing to Fe lines across the spectral
range, not just a single line.  Singling out a single line would
reduce the brightness considerably so would be no help.  I would ask
Chris about how to make an occulting disk for the Sun.  He says this
is easy to accomplish so I would be interested on how to do this to.
I wonder how he accounts for the daily change in rising of the Sun
and the altitude for various seasons.  If this is done you would need
some sort of program to do this and also reset the occulting disk
East after the Sun sets, and driving it as the Sun rises in the East.
Ed