(meteorobs) New very interesting asteroid

Roberto G. md6648 at mclink.it
Mon May 25 16:53:58 EDT 2009

From: "Shy Halatzi" <shyhalatzi at gmail.com>

> Hi Roberto,
>
> Have you checked the asteroids history as well, to see if you can link
> past crossings with showers?

Yes, but in very little side I hope that other peoples can to answer
better on this. As I known no meteor shower has orbital
elements as the asteroid.

> perhaps that could give an indication to the
> probability of a shower...

If it's a real asteroid the possibility of a linked meteor shower
it's near zero, if it's a dormient or dead comet there are some
possibility but only if the orbit it's follow from some dozen of
years, this year with the Earth in the (possible) trail of the
object we can verify if there are meteors or not, it's one
of the best theorital occasion then if there aren't meteros
in 2009 the object it's a asteroid or it has changed recently
orbit.

> Also, there is a shower quite close in time, the Alpha-Aurigids on Sept.
> 1st. Did you compare the orbits of the shower meteors with the asteroid?
> this could also be interesting to do.

The Alpha Aurigids came from comet C/1911 N1 (Kiess)

http://ssd.jpl.nasa.gov/sbdb.cgi?sstr=C%2F1911+N1+&orb=1

http://aurigid.seti.org/

The orbits of Aurigids and of this comet are very big and
many different from that of the asteroid, certainly there is
not link between they.
Remember too the second asteroid.

> Best wishes,
> Shy