(meteorobs) New very interesting asteroid

Roberto G. md6648 at mclink.it
Wed May 27 06:21:18 EDT 2009

From: <Skywayinc at aol.com>

cut

> Here is what I came up with using the elements from MPEC 2009-K39 : 2009
> KC3

Ok, there are new data but it's near the same.

> The asteroid will arrive at the ascending node of its orbit at 20:45 UT
> on
> August 29 and the Earth will be closest to the node at 09:15 UT on
> September 2 (3.52 days after the asteroid).  The distance separating  the
> two
> orbits at that time will be 0.014 AU.

3,52 after, if it's a comet or ex comet it's very good for to see meteors,
0.014 A.U. it's around 2.1 million of Km, if the orbit it's not changed in
the
last dozen years it's possibile that the meteoritical torus it's so large
(4.2 million Km in diameter), unfortunously the more recent data show
a biggest distance that was calculated by Rao, we shall stand by for to have
other data and see if the MOID it's biggest or littlest of 0.014 A.U.

> Interestingly, going backwards in time, the asteroid's perihelion distance
> and orbital period seems to increase; a century ago perihelion may  have
> been ~0.17 AU larger and its period ~0.4 year longer.  Around  1989, the
> orbit
> of Earth and the asteroid virtually intersected at the  node.

There are observations around 2 September 1989 and year near at this?
I look for Southern witness because the radiant it's deep southern in
Centaurus, then only from Sudafrica, Australia, Argentina and Chile the
shower can to be saw. There are radio observations? Lunar quarkes?

>  Looking
> ahead in time, the asteroid's perihelion distance and  orbital period will
> once
> again increase.  In 2109 perihelion may  be ~0.18 AU larger and its period
> ~0.4 longer.
>
> In 2028, the asteroid arrives at the node about 20-days AFTER the  Earth.

It's improbable to can see meteors from a body that shall come in the
same place after 20 days, in some case with comets very active it's occur.

> Anybody else have anything to add?
>
> If there is any material trailing behind 2009 KC3, it appears that the
> best
> time to look for any associated meteor activity would be on the morning of
> September 2.
>
> Roberto . . . did you calculate a possible radiant?
> -- joe rao

Marco Langbroek calculated it and too Enrico Stomeo, with similar data,
I answer on this point on the Marco message.
Best greetings.
Roberto Gorelli