(meteorobs) meteor impacts

Yann Kempf y.nnk at 9online.fr
Thu May 28 16:42:11 EDT 2009

Hello,

Isn't 'meteor' a term designating any luminous phenomenon occurring in
our atmosphere, at least etymologically? I thought at least that was
also the link to 'meteorology', which originated as the study of the
atmosphere and the luminous phenomena there. This of course encompasses
the 'shooting stars', as well as rainbows, et caetera, but I can hardly
imagine any significant luminous phenomena in the Moon's atmosphere, let
alone any visible ones from down here!
Correct me if I'm wrong!

Best regards,

Yann