(meteorobs) terms

Axel Haas st002250 at stud.tu-darmstadt.de
Fri May 29 01:51:25 EDT 2009

Thanks to all for your efforts to use correct terms.

The next thing: in future it would be useful (to my opinion)
to expand the definition of "meteorite". Up to now (so my
knowledge) it means "object (from space) lying on Earth surface"
(or in museum, or in your trouser pocket - what means for exampel
to the Hoba thing in Namibia, you need a large jeans  :-))).

Proposal: The definition commision (of IAU ?, I have no exper-
iences with that) should expand the term to something like
"object (from space) lying on Earth/moon/asteroid surface".
2 remarks:
- "moon" means not only (our) Moon but also all the others
- "surface" includes also ocean grounds.
Maybe this is helpful

Axel