(meteorobs) Meteor Watching and Wild Animals

GeoZay at aol.com GeoZay at aol.com
Sun Nov 1 09:33:48 EST 2009

>>In the case of bears, any food attracts them, more so if they  are
"garbage can" bears - accustomed to eating people  food. <<

Oh yes bears...forgot about them. :O) they are more of a nuisance than
anything else, but on occasions they get aggressive if they think you got food.
 I haven't heard of any bear problems in the San Diego area that I usually
observed. However I once observed from the Sequoia area near Shaver Lake.
Our  family was at a campground. I observed all night about 200 feet outside
of the  campground. During the night, I heard some screaming and other
ruckus. When day  break came, I found out that some little kid had eaten smores
(chocolate and  cookie combo) and had it smeared all over his face. the kid
woke up to a bear  licking his face. No harrm was done, but apparently it
scared the break fluid  out of the child and everyone around.
GeoZay