(meteorobs) Personal protection for late night remote observers.

Mark Ford mark.ford at ssl.gb.com
Tue Nov 3 05:00:52 EST 2009

Well, as you may know here in the UK we can't own or carry handguns at
all, pepper spray is totally banned, carrying stun guns will get you 5
years in jail, even carrying a toy gun in 'the wrong way' in a public
place will get you arrested or shot,  as a result I have never seen
anyone carrying a gun.   However the last time I was over in the states
(last year) 6 people got shot in a church just down the road from me,
and a gas station was robbed at gunpoint just outside my hotel, all in
just a week, ok I was just unlucky I guess - but make of that one what
you will!  :)

Luckily no Rabid raccoons here, but the main problem we have in the UK
with observing in public places at night is what we call 'Chavs' i.e
rabid feral kids!

Best,
Mark