(meteorobs) Wild Animals: Lions & Tigers & Bears Oh My!

George Gliba gliba at milkyway.gsfc.nasa.gov
Tue Nov 3 10:02:25 EST 2009

   I agree that pepper spray is the best if a bear get too close. I have
only had a bear get
fairly close to me, but out of range for pepper spray, twice at Mountain
Meadows in West
Virginia in nine years of observing at our cabin. Both of these times, I
made a lot of noise
and swung my red flashlight around while turned on, hoping it wouldn't
react like a bull
and a red cape. Both times, to my relief, it ran down away.

Clear Skies,
GWG