(meteorobs) Wild Animals: Lions & Tigers & Bears Oh My!

GeoZay at aol.com GeoZay at aol.com
Tue Nov 3 10:52:26 EST 2009

One more animal story while meteor observing to mention...

Once while observing the Perseids, I was observing from a cot on the ground
 in the sheep pen. At that time my observatory was under construction. For
some reason they didn't bother me on this night. Anyhow, my cot was about
25  feet from the fence with a dirt road on the other side. Around midnight,
a  coyote just on the other side of the fence began doing its Yip-Yip-Yippee
 Ki-Yi-Ya thing. It was making one heck of a racket while not knowing I was
 there. After awhile, I simply yelled real loud, "KOOL IT". I must have
startled  the living daylights out of it and it took off yelping like someone
had kicked a dog. I could hear the fast pitter patter of paws for a long
distance. No more close yelping from that spot.
GeoZay