(meteorobs) meteorobs Digest, Vol 2, Issue 8

Richard Kramer kramer at sria.com
Fri Nov 6 01:06:36 EST 2009

Many years ago a ranger was killed in a national park. The ranger was
out at night and wearing a fur hat when he went missing. He was found
many days later, dead, with the owl's talons still locked into his
skull. The owl, unable to release its talons, had also died.

In Alaska, my wife was attacked by a great horned owl. She was not
wearing a fur hat. They can be very territorial.