(meteorobs) Large fireball over Tokyo at 8:25pm 6NOV09 correction

drtanuki drtanuki at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 6 10:08:39 EST 2009

Dear George and List,
  November has about 60 witnessed meteorite falls historically; so I would not yet rule this fireball a "dry" Taurid.  Hopefully there will be more reports and several videos.
  I have corrected my reporting error to the research groups but have not done so here on the MetList or Meteorobs.  The traveling direction of the fireball was from WN-to-NW.  I made an error in my excitement and forgot that the compass that I was using was last used in the Southern Hemisphere, thus my readings were off by 180 degrees.  I was shaking from excitement after witnessing the event.  This is the fourth large fireball that I have witnessed in my lifetime of 50 years and #2 of 4 in brightness.

  The closest recovered meteorite near the estimated path of the fall is SAYAMA, Saitama Prefecture, Japan.

  Hopefully Ohtsuka-San will have some good news from the Sonata Corp fireball network?  Ohtsuka-san please contact me off-list.

Best Regards, Dirk Ross...Tokyo