(meteorobs) Update with videos of Japanese Fireball- 8:28pm of 6NOV09

drtanuki drtanuki at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 8 06:16:15 EST 2009

Dear Larry and List,
  Here is what I found on the Sonota Corp website about the Nagano1 data of the meteor.  An altitude of 30km is discussed with a final altitude of 25km below; this is their list discussion so am not sure it is fact.

 Japanese-English Machine translation follows:

http://sonotaco.jp/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2151

November 6, 2009 at 20:28:59 from Tokyo to -8.2, etc. (eight comparison stars) occurred in the Hokuriku ball of fire. In that decision because of the known meteor sporadic meteor I do not think a single point. , It is the direction from the sky near the Noto Peninsula, Japan. Fire balls from Tokyo just to see it, and I think at the close was above the brightness of the full moon. It is also likely that the sea may possibly meteorite fall. We hope that the simultaneous observation. Corrected wrong Temashita first time I'm sorry. Thank you pointed out> Yamakawa seem to be falling a round shaft of light is not enough tail to slow down and then I added Innovation Still Doki.

It is amazing Nagano1 is Nagano1 video was uploaded data, so could orbital calculations. Track surface is falling from west to east toward the island of Sado Island off the coast of Noto Peninsula, 25.0 km now and the final altitude. There is the possibility of falling meteorites, and the Japan Sea in the northeastern tip of Noto Peninsula as燃E尽Kizu fall. Observed speed 12.5km / s duration was less than 7 seconds. Entering angle is 51 degrees and greater. Nagano1 grades because of the explosion of data is not measured by the saturation in the automatic calculation is the lower output. Tokyo1 and from the data of absolute magnitude -11 and you think about. East Atchiherion far from the radiant point is in the area of optical observation is less observed cases are considered sporadic meteor. Heliocentric orbital inclination is close to 4.4 from the ecliptic plane, and crashed to earth near perihelion catch up with it. Aphelion is inside rather than the
 asteroid belt in 1.7au. If they occur in the south east or a little more, I could start a search party meteorites. <!-

Toyama was only from the flash. So, no picture. However, it was observed during the meeting, the staff of the hotel We've been spotted. I conducted interviews, the direction of the north elevation was discovered almost 30 degrees, 15 degrees elevation and azimuth is where the disappearance of around 20 degrees. The brightness is darker than that of the moon yesterday, -10, etc. about what you think. This data and the data SonotaCo the Tsukiawase's vanishing point, a very rough calculation? (The only lines on a map unfolded, it is the earth plane) to the northeast off the coast of Noto Peninsula埼Lu Gang, I will bring up the elevation of just under 30km. Many had to contact the Observatory. The northern Japan with newspapers today (local newspaper in Toyama, Japan) also has an article out. The Web is currently able to read it.

Anyone planning to search for meteorites in the Sea of Japan had better bring a ship with a long long rope with a magnet.  LOL

Best Regards, Dirk Ross...Tokyo