(meteorobs) Interesting capture- still to be identified

GLDSKTR at aol.com GLDSKTR at aol.com
Sun Nov 8 22:21:03 EST 2009

Interesting video, Tom. It's a perfect point of light. Hard to tell what it
 might be, though.

Anthony

In a message dated 11/8/2009 12:37:43 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
ashcraft at heliotown.com writes:

November  8, 2009  0043:20 UT  ( Nov 7, 2009   1743:20  MST)

Last evening I captured what I assumed was a satellite flash,  possibly
an Iridium flare, but I could not find any listed sats that were  in the
vicinity at the moment of the flash. I asked about unlisted sats on  the
satellite observer list but no sats were predicted at that  time.

Hence, I think the capture might be a point source meteor.   But.......
now I am wondering if this flash could have been from further  out in
space...like a nova or other form of burster of some sort? But I  don't
know where to check on nova-like events.

In any case, I  posted the image and movies in both .mp4 and .wmv windows
formats.

http://www.heliotown.com/Unidentified_Satellite.html

Any  possible clues to help identify this event are welcome.

I am thanking  you in advance.

Thomas Ashcraft
New  Mexico