(meteorobs) Interesting capture- still to be identified

bob71741 bob71741 at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 8 18:50:05 EST 2009

Thomas - My guess is that it is a point meteor that you captured. I take it that you did not get any forward scatter?
A nova or supernova event of that initial brightness would still brightly illuminate the region for weeks/months.

Do you not have the capability to plot a light curve (brightness vs. time)of this event and compare it to a light curve of an Iridium flare. I'm assuming that they have much different signatures.

Bob