(meteorobs) (no subject)

Curtis Sacks chsacks at sbcglobal.net
Wed Nov 11 13:28:35 EST 2009

Hello,

My husband and I were thrilled and amazed to see a meteor(?) on Saturday November 7th while standing on the beach in Monterey, California.  The thrilling thing was that the meteor appeared right after the sun set so it was still very much daylight.  I didn't know this was possible.  And it was so bright, almost a golden shimmering color, and large that we thought the sun was reflecting on a landing airplane or something but then it disappeared.  The other amazing thing was that it left behind a jagged trail in the sky similar to what an airplane would leave in the right conditions.  There were other airplanes leaving trails in the sky and this one was very different.  Where the airplanes and clouds were reflecting the orange/pink setting sun, this trail was a bluish/green/white color that appeared to glow, possibly reflecting the sunlight differently.  The airplane trails disappeared after a few minutes but this glowing trail was in the sky for
 20plus minutes.

My husband and I were in awe and are wondering what it was that we saw.  Can you shed any light on this for us since we have no knowledge in this subject?

Thank you,

Heidi Sacks