(meteorobs) (no subject)

Larry ycsentinel at att.net
Thu Nov 12 00:27:34 EST 2009

Hello Heidi.

Congratulations on seeing what appears to be a noteworthy fireball!

Normally other observers seeing the same object will report this to the
American Meteor Societies webpage ( Add the http & www stuff to
.amsmeteors.org/ ) which is updated a few days (AFTER) any given date of
group reportings.

Knowing the time, your apprx. location, compass direction you were facing,
the meteors direction of travel, and rough elevation, would enable you to
confirm what you saw from other eye witness reports that are filed which
will list similar details.

Unfortunately, the AMS website has had recent software/hardware problems
starting on Oct 29th. and no reports have been filed since then. It is not
clear whether observers of past events will retain their report information
for later filing, and it is not clear as to whether AMS will resume its
record keeping for those reports.

Many who report directly to AMS do not seem to list their observations of
unusual fireballs on meteorobs(here) because it would be redundant. So,
until AMS resumes....keep written, your memories of this event for later
corroboration with AMS.

Well done, your reporting language Heidi !

YCSentinel
Yuba City.