(meteorobs) 17 November: just in from observation (southern Maryland)

Richard Taibi rjtaibi at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 17 06:03:59 EST 2009

I just finished an occasionally clouded meteor watch, from 6:36 to 9:33 UT.  My hopes of great rates were unjustifiably stirred up by two nearly simultaneous Leonids at 6:58.  But, after that there were LONG periods of no Leonids and few other meteors.  However, true to one prediction, shortly after 9:00, actually 9:03-9:33 UT, I saw several Leonids including two minus magnitude members.  I was clouded out at 9:33 UT.  I will post a more complete follow-up later.

Best of luck to observers elsewhere!

Rcih