(meteorobs) Leonid report from Fort Worth

Pat pat_branch at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 17 08:34:21 EST 2009

Well they were pretty bad. I had great conditions 20 miles west of Fort Worth, cold clear morning 5.5-6.0 skys and camera at the ready, but in general I saw one meteor every 10 minutes. I tried watching about 40% of the available sky from overhead toward the east between Orion and Ursa Major.
Started observing 12:00am CST (6:00am 11/17 UT)

6:00-6:10 2 LEO
6:10-6:20 0
6:20-6:30 1 SPO (TAU?)
6:30-6:40 0
6:40-6:50 1 LEO
6:50-7:00 0
7:10-7:20 1 LEO
7:20-7:30 1 LEO 1 SPO
7:30-7:40 0
7:40-7:50 1 LEO
7:50-8:00 Did not observe
8:10-8:20 2 LEO
8:20-8:30 1 LEO
8:30-8:40 0
8:40-8:50 1 LEO 1 SPO
8:50-9:00 5 LEO
9:00-9:10 2 LEO
9:10-9:20 1 LEO
9:20...apparently fell asleep somewhere around this time until 11:00 UT where I stopped.