(meteorobs) Leonids Meteor Picture

Mike Hankey mike.hankey at gmail.com
Tue Nov 17 11:47:47 EST 2009

I captured a Leonids picture last night!

http://www.mikesastrophotos.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/leonoid.jpg

At the time I was focused on Procyon and shooting continuously and
waiting and watching. I saw a meteor radiate directly out of Procyon
and was like NO WAY!  But I check the camera screen and couldn't see
anything. I didn't realize I caught it until this morning when I was
reviewing the pics.

Its pretty faint, at the time my f ratio was jacked up at f/5. I've
since lowered it and ordered a new lens that can do f/1.4.

It was much brighter in person, its a little faint in the pic. Still
really happy I caught it.

For reference purposes: I was using a Canon 20D, piggy back mounted on
my telescope with ISO 800, f/5 focal ratio and a 60 second exposure.