(meteorobs) Leonids Meteor Picture

Mike Hankey mike.hankey at gmail.com
Tue Nov 17 20:24:27 EST 2009

Bob,

Thank you for pointing this out. I plotted the picture in a star chart
and I see what you mean.

http://www.mikesastrophotos.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/leonids-starmap.jpg

Do the sporadic rates go up during a shower, meaning can sporadic
meteors during a shower be related to the same dust field that creates
the shower? Or are they totally random and not related at all?

I also see I should have pointed the camera down about 10 degrees to
get closer to the radiant.

Thanks for the photo tips too, I will give them a try next time.

Mike