(meteorobs) Leonid non-report from Edmonton

Bruce McCurdy bmccurdy at telusplanet.net
Tue Nov 17 20:58:30 EST 2009

In the end the winds were not in my favour. After a clear evening it clouded up very suddenly around 23:00 local time. A quick call to Luca Vanzella who was observing out at Blackfoot confirmed they too had been wiped out. I set my alarm and checked several times throughout the night, but the best it got was clouds thin enough to see bright stars near the zenith, but nothing promising enough to undertake a two-hour drive.

It's supposed to clear later tonight, so I will try to get some post-peak Leonids. Have had success on "the night after" in the past.

Bruce
*****