(meteorobs) Leonids From North Carolina (USA)

richard hill dwarfnova at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 17 13:19:43 EST 2009

Hi, All!

Increasing clouds were predicted throughout the night here in Western North Carolina  last night, but thanks to our local meteorologist (she's known for giving us good weather forecasts) the clouds held off until about 4:00 local time, at which time haze and altocirrus began coming in from the west. Based on my observations the shower was about normal. Hope you guys to the west saw more and you folks in the Far East will see plenty in just after few hours of this posting.

Rick Hill

TIME                              -1      0      +1       +2   +3      +4    Sky Conditions

0805-0950    9 Leonids        0       0       1         4      3        1   Clear; LM=5.0
                  3 Sporadic       0       1       1         1      0        0

0950-1015    7 Leonids        0        0       1         4        2       0  Haze; LM=4.0

                  0 Sporadics      -        -       -         -        -       -

1015-1035    1 Leonid          1        0       0         0        0      0  Clouds; LM=3.0

                  0 Sporadic       -         -       -         -        -       -

TIme is EST (GMT-5)