(meteorobs) Utah, Wyoming, Idaho Bolide 18NOV09

Thomas Ashcraft ashcraft at heliotown.com
Wed Nov 18 13:46:07 EST 2009

Chris and all,

Thanks for your analysis.

I have now processed my secondary video and I believe the video does
show the actual fireball just before the terminal flashing.  But, since
the distance between my observatory and the meteor's flight path is so
great  ( 300 miles and further) I hesitate to say for sure if this is
the actual fireball. It could be a coincidental meteor?  The flashes
that follow are definitely the Utah fireball.  I have further videos
with WWV  that give precise timing at November 18, 2009  0707:17-21 UT.

If this preliminary video does indeed show the trajectory it will be
helpful in triangulating.

Video in two formats:
.mp4  750 KB  :  http://www.heliotown.com/FB20091118_0707Radio_Ashcraft.mp4
.wmv  2.8 MB    http://www.heliotown.com/FB20091118_0707radio_Ashcraft.wmv

This particular video document also has VLF/ELF radio recorded which
shows no obvious emission in this case and also VHF forward scatter
which may exhibit a minor reflection.

Hoping for more data.

Thomas Ashcraft
ashcraft (at) heliotown.com