(meteorobs) Leonids Meteor Picture

Skywayinc at aol.com Skywayinc at aol.com
Thu Nov 19 00:48:06 EST 2009

Speaking of pictures of meteors . . .

More than six years ago, in  April 2003, I did a column for SPACE.com which
was titled "Astrophotography  101."  Back then the emphasis was on film,
but
digital camera were  rapidly becoming more and more popular.

See:  http://www.space.com/spacewatch/astrophotography_101_030627.html

In  preparation for the article, I extended an invitation to members of two
NY
astronomy clubs to forward their comments and suggestions on how they
photograph various sky objects.

Well . . . I've just been  asked to re-do/update the original 2003 column.
In this
new version, it  is obvious that the emphasis should now be placed on
digital
photography.  As was the case six years ago, I am looking for  volunteers to
give their own tips or hints on astrophotography.  Perhaps  there are those
reading this, who might want to share their tips for capturing meteor
images.

If you're interested, you can contact me directly, although perhaps any
tip or
piece of advice might also be useful to others on this list as  well.

Many thanks in advance!
-- joe rao
skywayinc at aol.com