(meteorobs) Utah, Wyoming, Idaho Bolide 18NOV09

Chris Peterson clp at alumni.caltech.edu
Thu Nov 19 00:56:33 EST 2009

If your station is fixed, you only need to calibrate once. You can do a
pretty good job just using the path of the Moon over a few nights. That's
certainly good enough to get you within a degree in both azimuth and
altitude.

My video doesn't show any part of the meteor. The point of light you're
seeing is just a warm pixel. Based on the camera data and witness reports,
as seen from Colorado (even the far west) the terminal explosion flash
occurred after the meteor itself disappeared below the horizon.

Chris

Chris L Peterson
Cloudbait Observatory
http://www.cloudbait.com