(meteorobs) Meteor Re: Utah, Wyoming, Idaho Bolide 18NOV09 (Thomas Ashcraft)

drobnock drobnock at penn.com
Thu Nov 19 13:21:20 EST 2009

Those seeking the combined vlf/vhf signature:

I listened to the mp4/wmv formats below and played back the recording
using a sound editing program by Sonic which allows me to listen to
segments of a wav. or mp4 recording pattern..

Within the Ashcraft recording during the video capture of the 18nov09
fireball I found a distinct damper wave signature,  stronger than the
the other seferics in the recording. The wave form has a larger
amplitude that the adjacent noise. It is a distinct click along the
lines of a seferic click.

>From those who are pursuing the capture of a meteor's VLF signature., I
get the sense that some are expecting (excuse the sarcasm) a Handel
Music for the Royal Fireworks sound.

Please take the time to record the wav or mp4 and use a similar sound
editing program and look for the snap or crackle.

George John Drobnock