(meteorobs) Worldwide Radio Report-3 of Leonids 2009

Hiroshi Ogawa h-ogawa at amro-net.jp
Fri Nov 20 19:42:42 EST 2009

Hello all,

This mail is sent 00:45UT on 21st.

---------------
The Latest Information of Leonids 2009
(Final announcement)

The peak of Leonids 2009 was over around 21:30 on 17th(UT).
http://www.amro-net.jp/meteor-results/11_leo/2009leo.html
And many long echoes were also observed.

I researched the relationship between Activity Level Index
and visual ZHR. (Activity Level is the index of meteor activity)
Using this relationship, the max ZHR 127+-28 is estimated.

In the evening on 18th(UT), the high activity level was observed
again. If you have information about this activity, please tell me.
(I want to know the result of visual observation)

Although the activity was unstable in the evening on 19th(UT),
it seems that this activity was not unusual because error bars
were too large.

I really appriciate world radio meteor observers !!

with best wishes
Hiroshi Ogawa

Hiroshi Ogawa (The Nippon Meteor Society)
mailto:  h-ogawa at amro-net.jp
homepage:  http://www.amro-net.jp/