(meteorobs) New frequency gives me radio meteor reprieve

Michael Boschat aa063 at chebucto.ns.ca
Sun Nov 22 07:53:14 EST 2009

Hi all:

 A friend came over with a spectrum analyzer and we dropped my frequency
20 MHz to Ch.4 at 67.25 MHz. I'm using the - offset at 67.24 MHz and right
now have heard a few more meteors than at 83.25 MHz. From 7-8am = 17/hr
and right now 8-9=23 and still listening. I'm just going to monitor it for
the rest of this month to see what happens and when the Geminids start see
if I get better rates.

 Must be picking up Canada stations somewhere as we're still using analogue
till 2011.

--
Clear skies