(meteorobs) New frequency gives me radio meteor reprieve

Michael Boschat aa063 at chebucto.ns.ca
Mon Nov 23 06:05:36 EST 2009

Quoting bob7174:

> Which way is your antenna pointing now?

  Right now it is straight up using it as omni-directional. I was using
83.24 MHz ( ch 6 ) since 1998 then when the US went digital this year
my rates fell to 1-8/hr! I was looking around at what 2 others
in West Canada were using and 67.24 MHz was one,so a friend tuned my
filter to that and I've heard more meteors now like before.

  Here is the data of my site:

Observer: Michael Boschat
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Lat: N 44d 39'
Long: W 63d 36'
Hgt: 58 meters above sea level
Listening Frequency: 67.24 MHz --- as of Nov.22
Receiver: Icom R-10
Antenna : resonant dipole
Antenna Direction: Horizontally polarized with lobes in E-W plane,
         elev 0 deg
Filter  : high-Q (Q at least 300) bandpass filter between antenna &
           receiver.
Listening Mode: CW

Clear skies