(meteorobs) Canadian Pacific Coastal stations. Follow up...

Larry ycsentinel at att.net
Thu Oct 1 04:38:09 EDT 2009

Although not sighted in Canada, there is corrobration in "Jackson Country"
Oregon of this event recorded on The American Meteor Society's Fireball log.
My input was just submitted a bit ago to them.

For Yuba City this event was at 0226:56 PDT in the Morning hours of Sept.
28th, 2009.

Fireball origin was about 6 degrees above horizon, and descended to about 2
degrees above my horizon. (Roughly estimated).

Initial azimuth was 311 degrees. Detonation occured at 314 degrees.
Follow-up burn out took 0.6 seconds and appeared to go to my horizon limits.

Peak light intensity exceeded Sandia Sentinels 30,000 pixel scaling limit.

Visually here, the event was non-descript being quite small.....but the
detonation flash was very intense....but not as widespread as the closer
Yosemite/Merced event was.

I have not yet attempted triangulation because where the observer was in
"Jackson Country" is not specific enough. A town name would be helpful.

-Larry
YCSentinel