(meteorobs) Chris of Cloudbait, et.al., -Asteroid Detonation?

Larry ycsentinel at att.net
Thu Oct 1 12:08:55 EDT 2009

Chris,

Using the rough elevation & azimuth data(West & 45 deg.) of the Oregon
observers Sept. 28th posting on AMS, and my accurate azimuth only,
disregarding my visual horizon estimate....it appears that the detonation
point is ~250 miles off
of the coast of lower Oregon and ~425 miles from Yuba City on a bearing of
314 degrees True North.

I believe the Oregon observer is likely near Medford(from my past memory),
and I have done a rough pictorial triangulation which is shown on my
temporary website
as:

(Add the http & www stuff)geocities.com(add the
"at")sbcglobal.net/0928_Bolide.jpg

Given the great distance and the brightness from the two observation
points....Is it likely that this event is not a meteor, but rather a
small asteroid which detonated?

"Tungustita" of sorts....????

YCSentinel