(meteorobs) Chris of Cloudbait Observatory. Your thoughts on N.M. 10/09 Fireball....?

Ed Majden epmajden at shaw.ca
Mon Oct 12 11:23:25 EDT 2009

Larry:
	There is NO way to determine the composition of a fireball unless
you get a spectrum of it.  Strong fragmentation indicates that it was
probably some sort of stone meteoroid.  I believe you have also over
estimated the brightness of this fireball.  If it was brighter than
the sun as you have suggested it would have turned the night sky into
daylight!
Ed Majden
AMS Meteor Spectroscopy