(meteorobs) Chris of Cloudbait Observatory. Your thoughts onN.M.10/09 Fireball....?

Larry ycsentinel at att.net
Mon Oct 12 13:24:48 EDT 2009

I read not long ago on a Scientific discussion under a global search for
"Fireball emission" that fragmentation is definitely considered a mode of
ablation. I find that  to be creditable.

I believe that is because the reduction in volume (size/mass) from a
Meteoroid state to a Meteor state in the atmosphere does essentially the
same thing....reduces. Only the manner in which the greater reduction vs
time is occuring establishes which is more dominant between fragmentation
and vaporization.

My estimate that it could be as bright as the Sun was only my initial
opinion.

YCSentinel