(meteorobs) Determining physical dimensions of a largefireballin the sky?

Chris Peterson clp at alumni.caltech.edu
Tue Oct 13 11:51:50 EDT 2009

You should be able to fairly easily calibrate your camera to better than a
degree in both azimuth and altitude. A tenth of a degree isn't that hard,
either, and will produce much more useful data. However, if you have only a
single camera, this calibration isn't too important as you can't extract
much information from the fireball that requires accurate position.

Chris

Chris L Peterson
Cloudbait Observatory
http://www.cloudbait.com