(meteorobs) Bright fireball above the Netherlands

Koen Miskotte koen.miskotte at versatel.nl
Tue Oct 13 14:19:58 EDT 2009

On tuesday 13 oktober 2009 at 16:56 UT a very bright fireball was visible above the Netherlands and surrounding country's. Many people withnessed this event. I observed this fireball from behind my PC from a small village Ermelo and estimated at about -8/-12 magn, maybe brighter. The red orange fireball broke up in 5/6 pieces each one magnitude -3 to -5. A picture was taken by Jan de Vries:

http://twitgoo.com/42p74

There are also reports of a sonic boom and a rumbling sound and shaking windows.

Regards, Koen